Saturday, October 9, 2010

Plumful is mine now! :)

I went down to Mac yesterday at Sephora Ion with my darling girlfriend! We were there to catch the release of Mac's Venomous Villain collection! I'm gonna talk more about that in the next post (having some technical difficulties in posting the gorgeous pictures!).
Since I was going down to Mac I decided to back2mac! Just for anyone who isn't aware of what it is, it is Mac's way of saving the earth! :D & it too does benefit us! :p You just have to bring 6 empty containers & they will give you a lippie from the permanent collection of your choice! :) So remember not to throw any of your mac empty containers, this includes mac wipes packaging even though it's not technically a container!

I took a quick snap of the 6 empties that I brought to Mac yesterday! :)


Mac Prep + Prime : I had this for a pretty long time, bought it for an occasion & didn't use it much till it was summer in Australia. This primer gives you a slight sheen, it has like micro glitter not chunky monkey ones. It helps ensure makeup stays fresh through out the day which i really enjoy! :) The only thing I feel it is lacking a tad bit is that I don't feel like my face is really smooth after applying the primer. It does not give you a really nice flawless canvas to work with. I have relatively good skin so it isn't too much of a problem, but I can potentially see someone with slightly uneven/acne skin to not enjoy this product as much!
Mac Mineralised Skinfinish Natural : This is the perfect setting powder, it is really light weight & doesn't look cakey at all! I do use this on it's own on days when I am just going out & don't want to have to use foundation! I use it use a sigma kabuki brush and i buff it in really well so it does give a flawless finish. However since this is not really meant to be used on it's own (i think) it will wear off, especially in Singapore where the weather is so hot & humid. It does not last the whole day, but it's still something which I have a backup off already :p
Mac SPF 15 Foundation : I LOVE this foundation! I wanted to repurchase it but I decided to try another of Mac's foundation (bad choice!boo!). I love really really light foundation just to even out my skin tone a tad bit!  It is water based so yes that's how light it feels on your face! The other foundation which i purchased is of a slightly heavier coverage which I don't enjoy as much especially if it's on a daily basis! If you want light coverage, this is definitely something you should try!
Mac Moistureselect concealer : This concealer has like a light coverage but you can definitely build it up to a medium coverage. It has a really liquid-y texture and comes with a doe-foot applicator, just like a gloss. It doesn't require like heaps of blending, even using just your fingers does the job quite well. Quick fix concealer, doesn't require much effort to make it work!
Mac Liquidlast Liner: Black liner a MUST for everyone :p I have really oily lids, nothing can save me except urban decay primer potion (that's for another blog post). Most All liners will definitely smudge off after a few hours & I don't really like to bring makeup around with me all the time! This liner is TOTALLY WATER/OIL/EVERYTHING PROOF. I have NEVER had a problem with them coming off or smudging, once you apply them & let them dry they are not gonna budge at all. However, if you don't allow it to dry before looking up, you will create abit of a mess which takes abit of effort to remove & yes makeup removal after a long day is quite bothersome! :( It takes quite abit of effort & makeup remover (oil-based) to get it off! To me it's definitely worth the effort! I will go the extra mile for my eye liner to last all day & NIGHT! :)
Mac Eyeshadow in Ricepaper : This is actually my mum's :p I have this too but I haven't used it as much, so i got her to tell me what she likes about it! Here goes! She usually uses it as an all over the lid colour, on days when she doesn't feel like she wants to do anything to her eyes she swipe this one with a flat shader brush, swipe on eyeliner & she is off! I personally use it more as a highlight colour!

SO! For the exciting part! I managed to get Mac's lippie in Plumful! :) it's soooo pretty! & it's in my favourite finishing! Lustre! I feel that this forumlation is usually more moisturizing & leaves your lips looking about glossy so it does not require a gloss, which i like! :) It is a berry colour, which is something i really enjoy! Quite similar to my all time favourite lippie from mac! Captive! This is more subtle and has more of a pink-ish undertone!




Plumful in the tube
Swatch on NC45 skin


Hope you guys enjoyed this post! :) The next post will be on my venomous villain haul! :) yesss! Super exciting! Stay tunned for that! :)

Till then! Have a great weekend loves! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...