Friday, November 5, 2010

When NARS & MAC meets Benefit!

I'm back! :D well I was technically not gone, just busy! :p Though I managed to chun out a review last night, despite the full day of work! :) I really enjoy blogging! Okays enough of the ramble let's cut to the chase! As I mentioned Operation Blush Out is gonna be coming to you in weekly updates!:)

All the blushes have amazing staying power, as always NARS & MAC. The benefit blush did not last as long as the other 2 but it was okay, maybe like 6 hours? NARS & MAC stayed on for probably about 10-12 hours! Yes I get home from work & I still look like I have blush on! :) Of course it doesn't look the same as it did at 7am but you can still see abit of it! :)

NARS Dolce Vita! I've been into the matte blushes phase so this is perfect! I remember the first time I wore this blush I didn't expect it to be so pigmented, I used abit too much & looked funny, had to remove so much of it off my face! haha Anyway like always NARS blushes have a super long staying power! :) Really nice dusty rose colour. I think this suits most if not all skin tones too but if you are fairer (think: NC30 & below) I would say use a stippling brush else it will look too heavy!

NARS Deep throat. Need I say anything more? haha!If you have been around the beauty community on youtube or blogs for long enough you know that saying NARS Deep throat explains it all.LOL! But for those of you who don't know, let me have the honour of enlightening you! :) I once tweeted and asked which NARS blush are amongst your must haves & one of my lovely friends, Roseanne told me I needed to get this. So I did & I never looked back! It is so much prettier than NARS orgasm which is NARS's most popular blush. This gives you a flush which I just can't describe! It looks so natural with really really little micro-shimmer so you can't really see it but it still gives your cheeks some dimension  & best of all ?It is so flattering for every skin tone! The next time you think NARS, don't think orgasm think DEEP THROAT :)

Yes I broke this blush! :( I broke it when I was in aussie filming my first youtube video ever! Which was on my previous channel! So upsetting! I love love love this blush. I even wnted to buy a new one (since it's LE) from one of the online retaliers! I didn't but was super tempted! It's perfect because I LOVE glowy cheeks (which I guess you would already know) this is perfect for the lazy days. It's a blush & highlight all at the same time! :) 1 swipe & you're out the door!haha No fuss at all (unless you have a broken one like mine:/ makinng it abit harder to work with!)

 

AHHH SORRY!I JUST REALISED THAT I PUT THE WRONG DAY! IT'S DAY 11 NOT 12!:( SORRY!

This is the blush which everyone says is a universally flattering colour, I used to agree BUT for some REALLY obscure reason, it didn't really flatter me that much yesterday! :( booo! I think it might be because I was in a hurry or I really don't know but I was kinda sad & I'll have to wait till my operation blush out is over till I try it again! I still love it since it is peach-y + pink-y so really unique but I will have to get back to you on how much I love it now :p I loved it so much I bought it as one of the present for my best friend's 21st!

I dare say  that this blush is one of the few which can fall into the catergory of being my all time favourite blush! :) I'm super super glad I got it especially since it was limited edition from the spring colour forecast collection! *I hope next year's spring collection has some cool stuf like this!* I have 3 blush ombres (HAHA I know I went crazy for them :p) But this hands down is my favourite one. I'm really into peachy colours I like peachy way more than pinky colours!

Okays so I know this post was kinda different & of course the next post will be better, since this is my first post like this it isn't as pretty as I want it to be!Leave a comment & tell me how you like/don't like this format. I kinda think it's nicer because it spices things up abit, instead of seeing a boring picture of a blush. It takes more time but I really enjoy how it looks, but then again if you guys don't like it then I'll change it back to the way it was! :)

Thanks for reading & if you are on Operation Blush/Lipstick/Lipgloss out leave your link below so I can check it out! :D

Till then! :)

10 comments:

beautyprincess said...

I've never used Benefit blushes, and I'm never going to buy one after reading your post :D NARS is the best one among all as far as you ask me, and MAC is something i haven't used in months :) Very nice post! Thumbs up!!

elizaheartyou said...

oh no! I hope I didn't talk down benefit too much! :/ I love their products but sometimes I love it more because of the packaging rather then the product. Unlike NARS which does not have a really pretty packaging it has amazing products! :D thanks love!

musicplayson said...

3 blush ombres?! Omg. haha I wished I own one to see how pretty it is!

elizaheartyou said...

haha yeap :p ooops! haha I love ripe peach alot! :D

chocfull said...

MAC Light over Dark is still available at DFS Scotts. Saw it mths back & it was still there when I was there yday. :) I recently started to love Nars Dolce Vita too.

elizaheartyou said...

Really?! Oooh now I'm tempted to go get it :p haha yeah Dolce Vita is gorgeous! :D

chocfull said...

Yes they hv it on display. Call first to be sure?

elizaheartyou said...

Oooh okays! thanks alot hun! :D

eyelashwishh said...

i think if i ever broke any of my blush, i would repress it in another pan and keep the MAC one for B2M.

elizaheartyou said...

Hmm but that's a mineralized one, can repress? :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...